Among all the winter vegetables fennel is surely the most aromatic one, characterized by a sweet charming taste. It has got very good digestive properties -in particular its seeds- thus resulting helpful in case of bloating. The warm energy of fennel promotes digestion and Liver energy circulation. Oranges are perfect to detox and tone up the stomach while black sesame seeds nourish yin of Kidney. Mustard warms up Lung and moves the QI.
Serves 4/6 –Easy- Prep time: 10 minutes
You will need:
- 2 fennels;
- 1 orange;
- 2 tsp of black sesame seeds.
For the dressing:
- 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil;
- juice of 1 fresh lemon;
- 1 tsp of mustard;
- a pinch of salt.
- Wash and chop the fennel into thin slices.
- peel the orange with a knife, getting rid also of the white peel. Cut it into small cubes.
- place the fennel, the orange and the black sesame seeds together in a bowl.
- prepare the dressing, mixing together the lemon juice, the oil, the mustard and the salt.
- mix the salad with the dressing (if you want you can use your hands! this will help a more even spreading of the dressing).
- serve as starter dish salad, or as a side dish. It’s fantastic to accompany some grilled fish.
We are listening to: