In this easy recipe the pear, queen of Yin, meets the walnut, king of Yang. The first is the best fruit to fight the dryness of Lungs and therefore is indicated in case of cough and sore-throat; while walnuts sustain Kidney and give instant vitality when we feel tired and exhausted. Cabbage is a discreet companion and drives energy to the Center (digestive system). What about cheese? Cheese just makes it even better. Enjoy!
For 8 croutons -Easy– Prep time: 10 minutes
You will need:
- 4 slices of toast brown bread;
- white cream cheese to spread;
- ¼ of white cabbage;
- 1 small pear;
- 2 walnuts.
- Toast the bread and cut each slice into 2 triangles;
- in the meantime, wash the cabbage, dry it and slice it into thinly;
- peel the pear and cut into small cubes (to prevent it to get brown, add some lemon juice);
- spread the cheese on the toasts;
- put some cabbage slices and the pears on it;
- garnish with some walnuts and serve straight away.
We are listening to: