[button link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9zl2wWcfb4″ color=”blue”]We are listening to: The Dig-lready Forgot Everything You Said[/button]
They look weird but they taste just great – let us introduce you to kohlrabi! The name comes from German, where for Kohl stays for “cabbage” and rabi (Rüben) for “turnip”, because their shapes are resembling. Kohlrabi is an artificial selected variety of wild cabbage that can be eaten both cooked and raw (but needs to be peeled!). They have a high detoxifying power and act primarily on Spleen and Stomach, thanks to their neutral energy. Being at the same time bitter, sweet and pungent in flavor, they are particularly useful to move up QI and Blood and draining Dampness and Heat, direction downward, thus helping also in case of food stasis. Try them with a yogurt and turmeric sauce to enhance their properties and give an extra-boost to the Liver functions of depuration.
Serves 4 -Really Eas– Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 Kohlrabi;
- 200 ml yogurt (like Greek-think one);
- 1 tsp turmeric;
- extra virgin olive oil;
- a pinch of salt.
- Peel the Kohlrabi with the help of a potato peeler or a knife;
- Grate it or cut it with a knife in very thin slices (a la julienne);
- mix the yogurt with a tbsp of olive oil, a pinch of salt and the turmeric;
- serve the salad with the yogurt dressing on the side.