We said bloody, not boring! Here we go with a fancy version of beetroots salad that warms you a little bit up and nourishes Blood. Wondering why?
First, the sweet and neutral beetroots have a strong action on Blood and promote movements downwards (therefore helpful for women in case of weak menstruation).
Second, carrots enhance digestion by acting on Spleen and Stomach, giving a push to QI and also to sight function.
Third, onions work both on Stomach and Lung, have a warm energy and sweet-pungent flavour that again is good to support digestion and downward movements.
Last but not least, sesame seeds, like all seeds in general, are a powerful tonic of QI, Blood and Yin and if toasted gain also a bit of Yang energy…not bad.
Serves 2 –Easy– Prep time: 30 minutes
You will need:
- 2 beetroots;
- 2 carrots;
- ½ glass of vinegar;
- ½ glass of water
- ½ onion;
- extra virgin olive oil;
- sesame seeds whole and toasted;
- a pinch of salt.
- Boil the beetroots, then peel them;
- cut the ½ onion into rings and marinate it with the vinegar and water mixed together for al least 20 minutes;
- Cut the beetroots and the carrots à la julienne (a grater with big holes will do!);
- mix the salad into a bowl and add the marinated onion rings;
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.