[button link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZo8_IV0IGQ” color=”blue”]We are listening to: Morning-Beck[/button]
Big nights out, Sonar was so good and you have been dancing (and maybe drinking) for 8 hours straight, two days in a row. You went back home when the clouds were white and pink and the sky already blue. Massive Attack blew your mind, Caribou’s beat entered into your veins and Four Tet made you travel into outer space. Time to recover now. Beck’s new album has the perfect groove for this morning, but an extra boost is needed. This simple egg recipe has it all: yummy, energetic, and still fresh (the avocados and tomatoes make it perfect for warmer weather). Accompany it with a multi-fruit juice for more vitamins, and then you are ready to continue your day. Maybe lying on the beach.
The weekend is over and the recovery phase worked well, so we are back to you cool as a cucumber with the energetic analysis of this colourful dish.
We start from the main ingredient, (hen-)eggs, which are definitely one of the best food to nourish Yin and Blood (easily damaged by sleepless-dancing nights). They are sweet in flavour and neutral/cool in energy, acting on Lung and Heart with a strong calming action on Shen (i.e. “emotional part”, probably affected by a couple of drinks).
The other ingredients are perfect for the oncoming warm weather being all cool (or cool/cold) in energy: tomatoes purify Fire and work on Liver and Stomach, avocado helps to harmonize back QI (in particular that of Liver), champignon mushrooms give relief to the digestive system and spinaches replenish Yin of Stomach and Liver.
That is so funny to find out how a simple recipe, coming from opening the fridge and a quick look around, turns out to be the perfect one for this moment.Sometimes you have to treat food the same way you choose music, following your instinct – without even realizing it, it will drive you to the right solutions for you.What a nice way to start a new week.
Serves 2-3 -easy –Prep time: 20 minutes
You will need:
- 8 cherry tomatoes;
- 100 g of baby spinaches;
- 1 onion (preferably fresh);
- 8 mushrooms;
- 1 avocado;
- 4 eggs;
- milk (optional);
- extra virgin olive oil
- finely chop the onions, cut the mushrooms and the tomatoes in four, and the avocado in cubes.
- put the onions in a pan with olive oil. Let them cook for about 5 minutes on a low fire, so they will release their smells, become softer and transparent;
- add the mushrooms to the pan. Add salt, mix and close the pan with a lid;
- let cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the spinaches;
- after 3 minutes add the cherry tomatoes and let cook for couple of minutes;
- beat the eggs with salt, pepper and if you want a drop of milk, then add them to the pan and mix continuously: you want this to look more like scrambled eggs, not an omelette!
- when the eggs are cooked, finish off with the the avocado;
- serve immediately and enjoy your brunch!