Summer is really generous and offers us such a big variety of tasty fruit. Today we have just picked one of our favorites and got the inspiration for a refreshing starter: melon gazpacho señoras y señores! Quick recipe but nice colors and great taste. Plus, energetically speaking, perfect for this season. Melon gives us relief from the hot weather, being cold in energy and nourishing Liquids and Yin. It acts both on the diuresis and on the intestinal level, being indicated also in case of ulcers. Calming down Fire, it is also very good for people with dermatitis (due to excess of Heat). An aromatic herb that generally matches well with summer fruit is mint, because it is cool in energy and gives a bit of movement to fruit (otherwise too sweet in flavour). Go ahead with mint then, especially in case of stasis of QI (of Liver), headache and irritability. Ice is then our extra touch to make this gazpacho smoother but try not to exceed with it, because cold drinks in general are too aggressive for the Stomach and, despite first impressions, enhance Heat.
Don’t forget a colored straw and sunglasses (that is really Italian style!),
Serves 2 –Easy -Prep time: 15 minutes
You will need:
- ¼ large melon;
- 4 mint leaves;
- 4 tablespoons of ‘extra virgin olive oil;
- 1/2 cucumber (optional);
- 5-6 ice cubes;
- Peel the melon and blend it with the cucumber, olive oil, mint, ice cubes and a pinch of salt (if the mix is difficult to blend add a small cup of water);
- Pour the soup into small bowls, and place in the fridge to cool;
- Garnish with a few mint leaves and a few drops of olive oil;
- Sprinkle with a little of pepper and serve cold.
We are listening to: