New weather, new stuffing for delicious gyoza. Here we go with a vegetarian dish that you can enjoy with your friends and family in a summer get together. You just need some fresh zucchini, cool in energy that purify Heat of Stomach and Liver. Add some crunchy carrots, slightly sweeter and more neutral but also very helpful in purifying Fire. Finish off with coriander, which tastes like freshness, and actually is a mild herb just a bit spicy in terms of taste, thus working on Lungs, and Spleen-Stomach. After cooking them, dip them in soy sauce to enhance the taste of the sweet vegetables.
Serves 4 -Difficult- Prep time: 30 minutes
You will need:
- 1 courgette;
- 4 small carrots;
- 1 tender garlic;
- 2 small leeks;
- a piece of ginger root;
- some fresh coriander;
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce;
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil;
- some dumplings disks (see here).
- finely chopped lemon peel to garnish;
- soy sauce to dip.
- Cut the vegetables and the ginger into tiny pieces, the smaller the better;
- Put some sunflower oil on a wok pan, and stir-fry the vegetables. Start with the ginger, continue with leek and garlic, then add the carrots and finally the courgette;
- Cook during 3-4 minutes. You want your stuffing to be crunchy;
- When it cools down, put some fresh coriander and the soy sauce;
- Add the filling on the disks. Close the dumplings as explained by the video;
- Put some sunflower oil on a big pan. When it is hot place the dumplings with the wrapped side up;
- Cook them till the bottom is brownish (3-4 minutes), then add a glass of hot water and close it immediately (watch out because it could be that some water drops out due to the high temperature);
- Let the dumplings cook covered for 10-15 minutes;
- Serve them hot garnished with some lemon peel on top and soy sauce to dip.
We are listening to: