It is one of those mornings you really don’t want to go out of bed. You can see sunlight smoothly passing through the curtains, alarm clock keeps on ringing and you are wondering if, just for once, once only, you could take it easy and let the world wait for you a bit. The answer is NO, my friend, sorry… You’d better get a move and prepare yourself, but maybe today we could help you sneaking out of that wonderland in between your dreams and real world…hold our hand, turn on this song and see how!
Grab a bowl and start from cous-cous (wheat is the cereal of the Heart), then add some berries (the sour touch of vitamins) and be generous with natural white yogurt (a good remedy for naughty Liver), sprinkle some thin slices of roasted almonds on top and sweeten with honey…take a spoon, sit down and enjoy your breakfast… even waking up could be a dream. Have a nice day!
Breakfast for two -Easy- Prep time: 10-15 minutes
You will need:
- 100 g cus-cus (we here used the fast-cooking one);
- boiling water;
- a knob of butter;
- 200 g natural yogurt (not sweetened);
- lots of berries;
- 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds;
- 2 teaspoons of honey (or agave syrup).
- Place the cous cous into a bowl;
- cover it with one and a half the amount boiling water (3:2);
- immediately cover it and wait 7-10 minutes till the water is completely absorbed;
- in the meanwhile roast the sliced almonds for a couple of minutes (till brownish, but not burnt) in a pan (you will smell when they are ready right away);
- mix the cous cous and make sure it absorbed all the water, and it is now dry but soft, and mix it with a teaspoon of butter;
- serve it with yogurt, berries, almonds and a bit of honey on top.
PS: this is an easy/ morning version of couscous: proper original long cous cous preparation coming soon!
We are listening to: