Do you feel like having something different tonight? Why don’t you take just ten minutes of your time to prepare some fresh gazpacho? In this post we share with you our tested recipe kindly provided by our Spanish friends (Thanks Marisa and Pedro!).
This cold soup coming from Andalucia is a light starter which combines together in a balanced way all the typical vegetables of summer. Tomatoes and cucumbers with their cold energy help to cool you down after a long hot day, while green peppers and onions reinforce the energy of Stomach, speeding up digestion. Garlic enhances Fire and therefore we didn’t add it to our gazpacho. But if you like it, use just a tiny bit keeping in mind that it can increase the Heat.
One more good thing about this version of gazpacho: the dressing is really light! So enjoy it before dinner and you will immediately find relief to your hunger and refresh your mind.
A disfrutar amigas y amigos, buona serata!
Serves 4 (1 liter) -Easy– Prep time: 10 minutes
You will need:
- 6 tomatoes, nicely red and ripe (pale, tasteless tomatoes will make your gazpacho very boring);
- ½ onion;
- 1 cucumber;
- 1 green bell pepper;
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil;
- 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar;
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Wash all the vegetables and chop them in pieces;
- put them in a pot and blend them using a hand mixer or a blender;
- add the olive oil, vinegar and salt;
- to get the gazpacho smoother sift it and then store in fridge for 30’-60’ to cool;
- you can add some small cubes of fresh cucumber, or of hard boiled eggs or small bread croutons in the cups before serving and a bit of olive oil.