[button link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19Fje5_Zqo” color=”blue”]We are listening to: Ben Harper – Burn one down[/button]
Vegetables should never miss. They are as simple as the soil they come from, but at the same time fundamental; especially if really fresh, they do not need a lot of fancy sauces or complicated preparation.
Today in our ECO basket of veggies we found fantastic fresh courgettes: we get ready to prepare a very light starter or side dish for summer days. Not much to do: just wash the courgettes carefully, cut them in thin slices and then put together a light marinate, which is an ancient way of cooking without heat (cold cooking). Prepare everything a couple of hours in advance, so that the courgettes get the salty taste from Parmesan and the pungent flavor from balsamic vinegar. Add some fresh basil leaves and you will see how simple it is… as it should be.
Serves 4 -Easy -Prep time: 15 minutes
You will need:
- 2 courgettes (or a big one);
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil;
- fresh juice of 1 lemon;
- a handful of chopped basil;
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar;
- 50 g of thin slices of parmesan;
- a pinch of salt.
- Cut the courgettes in thin slices (no cooking needed) and place them on a big dish;
- prepare the dressing mixing together olive oil, lemon juice and chopped basil. Stir it well;
- pour the dressing on the courgettes;
- spring the slices of parmesan over the courgettes and add a bit of balsamic vinegar;
- add a small pinch of salt and serve as a starter.