[button link=”https://galactiksensationsound.altervista.org/” color=”blue”]We are listening to: Galactik Sensation[/button]
Summer (of which we still have some days left) is the right time of the year to eat fresh green beans. What about making them a little bit less boring?
This dish is the last one from a dinner we prepared for a bunch of good friends some weeks ago, together with the Color-rice, the Azuki pate’ and amazing desserts prepared by our friends Nora and Elena.
Boiled or steamed green beans together with sweet cherry tomatoes, crunchy bread croutons and fresh feta cheese make a perfect salad, especially if you match it with some cereals (better barley or spelt in summer-time). Moreover, this dish is super easy and fast to put together, so here it is the idea you were looking for your lunchbox!
According to TCM, green beans are sweet in flavor and neutral in energy, going to Spleen and Kidney; they nourish Yin and Liquids therefore being indicated in case of thirst. Tomatoes are cool/cold in energy, go mainly to Stomach and Liver where they are really good at purifying Heat, giving relief also in case of Yin deficit (i.e. helpful in case of thirst, constipation and difficult digestion). Feta cheese makes this dish tastier and salty: you won’t need any extra salt but just olive oil and black pepper for the dressing.
The soundtrack is the web radio put together by our friends Pablo and Haldo, so turn on Galactik Sensation Sound and start chopping those tomatoes!
Serves 4 -Easy– Prep time: 20 minutes
You will need:
- 600 g fresh green beens
- 400 g feta
- 3 slices of stale bread
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil.
- trim the edges of the green beans, cut them in two or three and boil them until cooked but still crunchy (it should take between 5 and 10 mins max);
- cut the bread in squares, place it in a baking tin and drizzle with olive oil. Put it in the pre-heated oven until golden (around 10 minutes);
- cut the feta in squares and the tomatoes in half;
- mix all the ingredients together, dress with some olive oil and black pepper, if you like it;
- serve while bread and green beans are still warm. In case you want to save it for a lunchbox or you need to serve it after several hours, keep the bread separate and mix it in the very last moment, to avoid it becoming mushy.