Among the hipster things we like, pancakes deserve a special mention.
Check out our new version, recently developed by Camilla while experimenting vegan recipes for our retreat. You just need to heat the pan, prepare the batter and in a twinkling of an eye a warm breakfast will be waiting for you.
Simply by replacing soy milk with coconut milk we have added a delicate tropical touch which makes a nice contrast with lemon peels. Raisins provide softness and a pinch of colour, while spelt flour instead of plain one makes them rougher.
And guess what? Despite their summerish flavour these pancakes are perfect for cold days, because lemon peels fight Dampness/tan (i.e. phlegm), dried raisins have a warmer energy than fresh fruit and spelt heats you up more than common wheat.
Do you want to try them? Here you go! You’d better start and it will be a great day!
Makes about 10 small pancakes -Easy– Prep time: 20 minutes
You will need:
- 1 glass of coconut milk;
- 1 glass of spelt flour;
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar;
- 3 tablespoons of raisins;
- 1 tsp of lemon juice;
- some lemon peels;
- 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Pour the coconut milk and the spelt flour in a big bowl together with the baking soda, whisk together;
- Add the brown sugar, the lemon zest and juice and the rasins, stir well;
- put a teaspoon of sunflower seed oil on a pan;
- turn on the fire and when the oil is hot put half a scoop of the mixture (better not to make them too thick);
- let it cook a couple of minutes each side;
- serve it hot.
PS: when using baking soda, always add an acidic ingredient such As lemon juice/ yogurt… in order to neutralize the metallic taste.
We are listening to: