Today we are just teasing you with this delicious, intense chocolate cake with a pistachios-coffee-mascarpone filling, that Camilla prepared to celebrate the birthday of our good friend Zulema! You’ll start drooling a bit just looking at the picture, and we promise you that you’ll love the combination of textures and flavors.
This dessert is overall easy to prepare, it only requires a little bit of time and attention. Maybe you don’t need a special occasion for baking them, but just that right moment in which you feel like a sweet, decadent, chocolate treat!
A gluttony temptation, that’s what it is. We’ll just attempt to defend this dessert a tiny bit, as we tried to make the base a little lighter: inspired by a recipe of the great Juls’kitchen, we substitute butter with olive oil, the white sugar with brown one and choose to use spelt instead of wheat flour. It’s true: dark chocolate, the rich almond flour and the mascarpone/pistachios cream are hard to defend. But what’s the point otherwise?
Serves 6 -Medium difficulty- Prep time: 1:30 h
For the cake
- 3 eggs
- 120 g brown sugar
- 120 g dark chocolate (70%)
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp milk
- 120 g almond flour
- 120 g spelt flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 100 g mascarpone
- 2 tsp of espresso
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 70 gr pistachios (without the shell)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180C;
- melt the chocolate au bain marie, then mix in the olive oil;
- whisk the eggs together with the sugar until fluffy;
- add the milk then combine with the molten chocolate and oil;
- mix the flours, the salt and baking powders;
- combine all the dry and wet ingredients;
- cover 6 ramekins with butter and flour, then pour in the batter until ¾;
- bake for around 30 minutes, until a skewer comes out dry;
- let cool for about 10 minutes, then take them out and let cool before cutting them i.
- Whip the heavy cream until fluffy and firm;
- beat the mascarpone, then mix it with the cream and the espresso;
- add the caster sugar to your taste (we would keep it on the low sugar side);
- chop the pistachos, and add it to the cream.
- Cut the mini cakes in 3 horizontally;
- assemble the cakes adding a spoon of cream on each layer.
We are listening to: