Summer is just beginning with its bright evenings. You can feel the sweet smell of jasmine and see how the sky gets suddenly bigger, opening wider horizons.
The inspiration for the recipe of today comes from these first half of June and from the imminenent trip of Camilla to California. Let’s discover our personal version of a popular West Coast salad and see together what our Anna used for this recipe..
First, choose some crispy curly endive and ripe cherry tomatoes (we prefer datterini for their unique scent and flavor). These fresh ingredients are perfect allies to face the first hot days of the season, thanks to their ability to quench thirst and refresh the palate (i.e. for TCM purify the Heat).
Regarding the chicken, for starters we invite you to always purchase organic poultry as this ensures more reasonable farming conditions. We must then say that during summer, according to TCM, this kind of meat should be eaten in small amounts as it is warm in energy and can increase the Heat, especially of the Blood. And for this, we cook it with some fresh lemon juice that restores balance and adds freshness. The touch of chili, then, gives a bit of spicy taste that matches well the neutral and comforting flavour of avocado. Dip it into a “fake” but very tasty mayo-like sauce made with natural white yogurt and mustard and you’ll keep light for your bikini.
Good and easy, this recipe is just a small glimpse of the many incoming ideas that will be collected in a special travel notebook developed by our dear Camilla during her trip. Get ready for the first bite of California, such a distant and fascinating land that for someone can be a state of mind.
Serves 2 –Easy– Prep time: 20 minutes
You will need:
- 300-400 g of chicken breast,
- curly endive,
- 1 ripe avocado,
- twenty cherry tomatoes,
- extra-virgin olive oil,
- a knob of butter,
- a pinch of salt and black pepper,
- a pinch of chili pepper,
- juice of 1-2 lemons,
for the sauce:
- 150 g of natural, unsweetened yogurt,
- 2 tsp of mustard,
- extra-virgin olive oil,
- a pinch of salt to taste.
- Wash the vegetables;
- Cut the tomatoes and season them with olive oil and a pinch of salt;
- prepare the sauce mixing the yogurt, the mustard, some olive oil and a pinch of salt;
- (wash) and cut the chicken into strips and dust it with flour;
- melt a knob of butter on a frying pan with a thick bottom;
- cook the chicken on high heat, and deglaze with the lemon juice;
- Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper;
- Cut the avocado into small cubes and season it with fresh lemon juice;
- lay on a dish the curly endive and the tomatoes, seasoning with some extra olive oil;
- add the chicken (better not too hot), garnish with of avocado and a touch of chilli;
- serve with the yogurt sauce.