Among many novelties here in incuQIna, we present you a new post format that we came up with while discussing how to survive the hustle and bustle of the “modern life”.
Nowadays most of us have very busy routines and spend many hours at work and outside of our homes. This doesn’t mean that we have to either give up on eating good, tasty and healthy food or to spend a fortune for it. These posts are for all of you that need/want to bring lunch at work. We’ll give you ideas for simple, yet delicious recipes and we hope to give you some inspiration for lunches that can be easily “tuppered”.
Our homemade lunch queen Francesca will be sharing with you a lunch meal planner: what a week of her lunchboxes looks like, with one detailed recipe. If you want to know how to prepare any other recipe of the tupper-it just ask it in the comments or via email and we will post it for you!
This week tupper-it ideas:
- Homemade pizza with crunchy salad;
- Crisp prawns with oats, chilli and ginger (Inspired by Yotam Ottolenghi’s);
- Omelette burritos with baked Brussels sprouts;
- Pasta with broccoli;
- Grilled cheese and hummus with carrots.
Today’s tupper-it ? OMELETTE BURRITOS
Last week I was really craving Mexican style burritos but I was out of tortillas and had too little time to go grocery shopping. I found the perfect solution with this fusion version of homemade burritos. I combined them with a side of baked Brussels sprout, but you can choose anything else you prefer, such as a quick salad or some seasonal steamed vegetables.
You will need:
for the omelettes:
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
for the filling:
- 1 avocado,
- 1 tomato,
for the side:
- 10-15 Brussel sprouts
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and season them with a pinch of salt (and pepper if you like it).
- Heat a dash of olive oil on non stick saute pan over medium to high heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour half of the beaten eggs into the pan and rotate it until all the surface it’s covered.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then flip the omelette to cook the other side.
- Repeat this operation with the second half of the eggs. You’ll have two thin omelettes, put them on a side to cool.
- Slice the tomatoes and the avocado, grate the cheese.
- Now you are ready to fill the burritos. Place the omelette on a chopping board or a big plate and start to fill them with slices of avocado and tomato. Add grated cheese. Do not overfill them. Start on one side and roll them until you can close them.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- Place them in a baking tin, drizzle with oil and put in the pre-heated oven at 200C for about 10-15 minutes, until they are cooked and to the crunchiness you like.
- Cut the burritos in slices and place them on one side of your tupper. Fill the remaining space in the tupper with the backed sprouts and bon appetit!
we are listening to: Rodrigo y Gabriela Tamacum